Turkish Checkers (also known as Dama) is a variant of draughts played in Turkey.
On an 8x8 board, 16 men are lined up on each side, in two rows, skipping the furthest back. Men can move forward or sideways one square, capturing by means of a jump. When a man reaches the back row, he is promoted to a king at the end of the move. Kings may move any number of squares forwards or sideways, capturing by jumping over any piece and landing in any square within permissible path beyond said piece.
The object is to capture all your opponent's pieces, or to reduce your opponent to not being able to make any move with the pieces he has remaining on the board.
• A single man captures in any of the same 3 directions.
• A king captures by jumping to a vacant square beyond an adverse piece, any distance away.
• A single man or a king must continue jumping as long as possible.
• With choice of captures, the player must take the maximum number of adverse pieces.
• Within a multi capture turning 180 degrees between two captures is illegal.
• Each captured piece is removed from the board before the captor continues jumping; its removal may therefore open up additional captures previously impossible.
Dama - Turkish Checkers is a free software application from the Puzzle & Word Games subcategory, part of the Games & Entertainment category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2016-10-12. The program can be installed on Android.
Dama - Turkish Checkers (version 1.2.8) is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 40 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.